Everything seems better when the sun shines – but this “silver lining” can bring along it’s own “cloud”! With today’s knowledge of the dangers of over exposure to the sun’s ray, we seek only the best and highest quality sun protect products available.
- High SPF for more sun protection
- Safe and gentle for children
- Moisturizers to protect your tan
- Strong water resistant formula which retains its SPF up to 4o minutes after water activity
Suggested use: Apply liberally to all areas that will be exposed 15 – 30 minutes before exposure. Re-apply when your skin feels dry or within 40 minutes of water activity.
- Sunlight is essential to all life on earth – most of it’s effects are beneficial. However a component of of sunlight that is invisible to our eyes is ultraviolet or UV light. The sun, in hotter climates, such as Africa increase the incidence of skin cancer dramatically. The rate for skin cancer among the younger generation has doubled in over the past 15 years.
- Sunlight contains two types of radiation, namely UVA and UVB. Both types cause damage to the skin, but there are important differences. Remember A is for aging and B is for Burning. UVA penetrates deeply leading to wrinkling, drying and sagging skin later in life, not to mention blemishes (or liver spots!) UVB produces surface damage such as slight redness to severe blisters.
- The sun protection factor (SPF) of a certain lotion indicates the level of protection offered against the sun’s damaging UV rays. The greater the SPF the longer the skin can be exposed – however research has shown that Vitamin D which comes from the sun is necessary to us and life forms and an SPF 30 is more than adequate to protect the skin whiles allowing Vitamin D to be absorbed.
(International customers please click “buy now” below to choose country / currency)